I was a little surprised when I got the results from the final go-round of the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo on Saturday night.
An arena record 93-point ride occurred in bareback riding; that wasn’t a surprise. But learning that Tilden Hooper’s ride on Classic Pro Rodeo’s Big Tex wasn’t the record-breaking ride was a shock – Hooper and Big Tex danced to the tune of a world record-tying 94 points last year. That honor went to Kaycee Feild, who matched moves with JK Rodeo’s Brother.
It helped Feild to the San Antone victory and the biggest paycheck of any winner in the field, $18,927. But there were plenty of big paychecks. Congratulations to the winners:
– Steer wrestling, Stockton Graves, Newkirk, Okla., $17,371
– Team roping, Chad Masters, Clarksville, Tenn., and Jade Corkill, Fallon, Nev., $15,038 each
– Saddle bronc riding, Heith DeMoss, Heflin, La., $18,408
– Tie-down roping, Cody Ohl, Hico, Texas, $16,853
– Barrel racing, Britany Fleck, Mandan, N.D., $14, 519
– Bull riding, Ardie Maier, Timber Lake, S.D., $17,890