The National Finals Rodeo is going to be clear on safety starting with this year’s championship, set for Dec. 7-16 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Events sent out a news release earlier today about its new security policy that will regulate the sizes and types of bags that may be carried into the complex. It is being touted as the “Clear Bag” policy.
Bags that will be permitted are:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed (in inches) 12x6x12
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed (in inches) 4.5×6.5, which is approximately the size of a hand.
- An exception will be made for diaper bags and medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited bags include but aren’t limited to
- Purses larger than a clutch
- Backpacks, cinch bags, fanny packs that are not clear or exceed the size restriction
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags/ cases
- Camera bags/cases
- Binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than the permissible size
More information can be found HERE.
This will mark a big change for many that attend the NFR every year. It will be important that this information spreads over the next two months to help attendees plan.