Cord McCoy, Pre-Paid Legal establishing a partnership

Home - Uncategorized - Cord McCoy, Pre-Paid Legal establishing a partnership

ADA, Okla. – No matter where he’s been all over the world, Cord McCoy’s thoughts return to his home.

Southeastern Oklahoma is home to McCoy, one of the elite cowboys in the Professional Bull Riders tour, the Built Ford Tough Series. He makes his living trying to ride the nastiest bucking beasts in the business, a continuation of his life on the ranch.

Cord McCoy
Cord McCoy

That’s why McCoy is excited about his developing relationship with Ada-based Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc., an organization that has supported McCoy’s bull riding career and has seen the cowboy traverse the world with his brother, Jet, during two seasons of the CBS-TV reality series, “The Amazing Race.”

“I’ve worked with Pre-Paid in the past, and I know the kind of people they are,” said McCoy, a five-time champion in the Oklahoma-based International Professional Rodeo Association who has focused his career on riding bulls in the PBR. “It’s very exciting to me to be able to work with everybody at Pre-Paid. We’re still working out all the details of the sponsorship agreement, but I think this is something that’s going to work well for both of us.

“I’m a cowboy, but even bigger, I’m an Oklahoma cowboy. It’s important for me to work with an Oklahoma company, and that’s Pre-Paid Legal; it’s Oklahoma from its foundation up.”

Pre-Paid Legal offers products that are one-of-a-kind, life events legal service plans, and the company provides legal service benefits provided through a network of independent law firms across the United States and Canada, and include unlimited attorney consultation as well as will preparation, traffic violation defense, automobile-related criminal charges defense, letter writing, document preparation and review and a general trial defense benefit.

Pre-Paid Legal Services has an identity-theft restoration product that is also one of a kind because of the combination of outside vendors and provider law firms. More information about can be found at http://www.prepaidlegal.com. Pre-Paid Legal has approximately 600 employees at its corporate headquarters in Ada and an additional 60 employees in Antlers and 100 employees in Duncan.

In the partnership, McCoy will carry the Pre-Paid Legal brand with him as he travels the country chasing his bull riding dreams. He will serve as a marketing representative for the company as he meets with fans and the media, wearing the Pre-Paid Legal logo during each appearance, whether in the arena or on television interviews or during autograph sessions.

Pre-Paid Legal has been part of the Oklahoma landscape for nearly 40 years, and Jet and Cord McCoy have brought Oklahoma to the masses through their exciting experiences on “The Amazing Race.” The brothers finished second in Season 16, which aired last spring. They are still involved in Season 18, which has aired half its 12 episodes already this spring. The seventh leg of the race around the world for $1 million will air at 7 p.m. Sunday, April 10.

“Whether I’m at a bull riding in California or racing around the world, I’m always thinking of home,” McCoy said. “That’s who I am. I’m pretty proud to be from Oklahoma.”

Share:

Comments (51)
Dave Hardy / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the PPl family Cord.

Neil Boone / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the family!

Abe Abdelhadi / April 14, 2011

The beginning of beginnings. This is going to be cool!

Diane Lowry / April 14, 2011

This is exciting! It will be possitive exposure for our great company. Best of luck to you on pursuing your bull riding dreams and may God keep you safe!

Bill Guyther / April 14, 2011

This Bull is OFF TO THE RACES NOW!! EXCITED!!

Wayne Wald / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the PPL Family. This is very exciting and I would love to have you come to cowboy country (ALBERTA CANADA)and meet our PPL Associates.

G. L. Giddings / April 14, 2011

Welcome Cord to the PPL Family from The POWER Group Organization Team!! Let’s Make It Happen!!

Hurshay / April 14, 2011

That Great!!! Welcom to The Family. The best is on it’s way.

G. L. Giddings / April 14, 2011

Welcome Cord to the Pre-Paid Legal Family and The POWER Group Organization Team! Let’s Make It Happen!!

Lynda Campbell / April 14, 2011

I am a big fan watching you on The Amazing Race! Welcome to Pre-Paid Legal!

Christine / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the family Cord, we wish you much success and good blessings.

Ila Vango / April 14, 2011

Each of us, welcome you to the world of Pre-Paid Legal Services and into our family. My husband and I have been a fan of the PBR for many years and it will be even more exciting now that you will be a part of our family. God keep you safe.

Susan Moreland / April 14, 2011

As with all of us at PPL, very proud to have you part of our family. I will be watching your schedule and any time en-route threw Washington we will make sure to get a large gathering for you here in Spokane.

Mavis / April 14, 2011

Welcome to our family. I am glad to see we have such talent added to our already established talent…..Thank you.

Claudette / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the PrePaid Legal Family Mr. McCoy!! Proud to be partnering up with you!
All the best, Claudette

Bob Stuart / April 14, 2011

To cool Mr McCoy. I believe you will have the best ride of your life with Prepaid Legal…. Welcome a-board

Jeff Grover / April 14, 2011

Cord, Congrad’s coming aboard with us … I beleive if you can handle .08 seconds on a Bull, then you should have a blast with Pre-Paid Legal Life Events …

Eileen Winkley / April 14, 2011

Welcome Mr.McCoy and a big ol’Howdy’ from Texas !

Dan Massaro / April 14, 2011

I always thought a tough looking bull would make a good logo for PPL but this is even better! Welcome home Cord.

Tara Paustenbach / April 14, 2011

Wow! How cool! Taking “PBR” to a whole new level for us at PPL!! Welcome to the team, Cord!

Myra M. Forrester / April 14, 2011

We are happy you chose to join our wonderful company. We look forward to the positive influence you will bring to those unfmailiar with the legal assistance our Pre-Paid Legal Life Events plans offer. May you be blessed in all you do..

JOHN REAMES / April 14, 2011

HEY CORD,

USED TO WATCH THE PBR BULL RIDING,RELIGIOUSLY…WAS MY ONLY SPORT TO WATCH ON TV…NO ONE ELSE LIKED IT …SO I GOT BOOTED OUT…LOL…GO MAN GO!!!WISH YA WELL AND MY PRAYERS BE WITH YA’S ALL…PEACE…

mike sheaffer / April 14, 2011

After seeing you on TV and reading the articles on you and your brother and observation on your family ties, you must have a higher calling than any of us can know. We pray for your success.

Johnny Pineda / April 14, 2011

This is only the beginning! Look out for more good things like this to come!

Gus Marrero / April 14, 2011

Welcome! Glad to have you on board.

Larry Hemingway, Sr. / April 14, 2011

From Central IL we welcome you Mr. McCoy to the PPL family! I look forward to perhaps seeing you at thus years IL. State Fair and future eventd. Take care, take charge, and stay blessed!

Gabriel Avalos / April 14, 2011

We are behind your team 100%! We’ve got your back… We may be in different lines of business, but their are more similarities than you might think! lol! Cheers to you Cord!

katie huff / April 14, 2011

Cord I am so excited to welcome you to our PPL family. I am a cowgirl form MT that has supported the NFR, PBR and the different circuits for years. I am thrilled you will be able to offer our awesome services to your friends throughout the circuit. I wish you lots of luck in both of your ventures and if there is anything I can do to help you please don’t hesitate to ask. Good Luck God Bless and CONGRATULATIONS
Katie

John & Diana Faulconer / April 14, 2011

Welcome to our family. Looking forward to an exciting journey with you.We’re anticipating great things ahead for all of us. Hold onto to those reins because we’ll be jumping lots of fences and rustling lots of friends along the way as we change peoples lives. Go M.A.D. Go Make A Difference.

An excited crew / April 14, 2011

[…] a release that was sent out last week and posted on twisTEDrodeo.com, McCoy announced the sponsorship agreement with the Ada, Okla.-based organization that has […]

Jesse Ramos / April 14, 2011

Mr.McCoy. Welcome aboard, your addition to the Family will make a huge impact on many north american families. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Respectfully, Jesse

MAX OLIVER SR / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the PPL family. May your rides be long and smooth.

Joann Rabon / April 14, 2011

Welcome to the PPL Family, Cord. Love watching and cheering for you and Jet in the Amazing Race! Wishing you luck in the PBR circuit and looking forward to meeting you someday.

Mike May / April 14, 2011

I love watching you ride and I love the PBR, the most exciting sport of all time. I also look forward to meeting you at one of our Pre-Paid Legal Southern California events in the future.

Bellamy West / April 15, 2011

Welcome to the family and thanks for helping to make Pre-Paid Legal a household name!

Karleen J. Poyser / April 15, 2011

Mr. McCoy, we extend a warm hearted welcome to you as we’re excited to have you joining our Pre-Paid Legal Family! Your involvement will undoubtedly have a tremendous impact on the lives of those in your circle as well as a tremendous impact on the awareness and recognition of our company! God bless and looking forward to cheering you on!

Helen Tanner Askins / April 15, 2011

Welcome to the PPL Family, Cord!!! This is very exciting! Best of luck in the PBR circuit and may God bless you and keep you safe at all times!

Marleen / April 15, 2011

Welcome to the PPL Family!! Best of Luck on your PRB Ciruit and looking forward to you coming to the Seattle, WA area!!

ernest carr / April 15, 2011

have a interesting day

Ann Waller / April 15, 2011

Mr. McCoy,WELCOME to you as we’re excited to have you joining our Pre-Paid Legal Family! We look forward to seeing/meeting you when you come to Denver, CO. (National Western Stock Show and Rodeo) Jan. 2012 if not sooner. Good luck on the Amazing Race, we have enjoyed watching you and your brother run around the world twice, how great is that.
Again WELCOME to the PPL family.
Ann and Tim

Patti Beckett / April 15, 2011

Welcome to PPL. Hope to see you somewhere in Washington.Take care.

David E. Kahler / April 15, 2011

From Colorado: I am a geologist and have been chased out of a pasture by a bull … that’s close enough for me. Those big guys are all yours!!! Very best of luck to you and welcome to PPL. Dave

Joan Williams / April 17, 2011

All the best and congratulations!

Humberto Garcia / April 18, 2011

Congratulations on joining our team. Wish you continued success on all your endeavors.

will muhammad / April 19, 2011

welcome to the family!!!

Gloria Houghton / April 20, 2011

Hey Cord, WELCOME to the Prepaid Legal Family! We are all so proud of you. My home is in the Foothills, Cowboy Country capital, very near to Ian Tyson and the gang in Longview, AB. Looking forward to cheering you on at the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth, The Calgary Stampede. Yahoo!!! See you soon!
🙂
Gloria

Babette Stewart / April 20, 2011

Welcome to the Pre-Paid Legal Family, Cord. May God keep you safe as you ride and as you and your brother Jet race. I’m excited to see more great things happening for both you and the company. I hope to be meeting you at PPL events whenever possible. Babette

ray walton / April 25, 2011

this country is 234 years old so for 194 years there have not been any legal access for people
like you and me its awsome to have someone the caliber of mr how exciting for him and us

ray walton / April 25, 2011

welcome to ppl cord be safe GOD BLESS

Lori Davenport / May 5, 2011

Hi Cord,
Welcome to our family here at PPL! I look forward to cheering you on at the PBR’s! I am very proud to have one of our own on board representing this great company!

Tipping my hat to you and God bless!
Lori

Network Marketing / July 23, 2011

Pre-paid legal…

legal service through a network of attorneys and access database of legal forms and documents….